Did you know? If YOU are a business
Owner, a Director or a Managing Agent you could face prosecution or even imprisonment for failing to comply
with the Fire Safety Order.
What we aim to achieve:
- Produce a comprehensive Fire Safety programme for the place of work. Fire precaution, fire protection,
fire fighting etc.
- Give practical in house responsibility for Fire Safety upon trained Fire Marshals.
outdated fire procedures with fire risk assessments.
- The risk assessments should be undertaken by a competent person.
managers and employees must play their part and maintain, a standard of fire awareness to comply with policies and statutes.
On the 1st April 2006
the Regulatory Reform (Fire & Safety) Order, came into force. This has replaced the old and outdated fire legislation
including the Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1997/99 and the Fire Precautions Act 1971
It is important to understand that fire risk assessment is not the same as a fire certificate and the Fire Brigade
will no longer make ‘house calls’. Every business owner and employer has an obligation to show the following:
- That all fire risks have been assessed recorded
within the written fire risk assessment.
- That there are records to show that fire fighting equipment has been provided,
properly maintained and regularly inspected by a competent party.
- That an Emergency Action Plan has been written
and provided for all employees.
- That staff have received the required fire training in the use of equipment and
procedures in the event of a fire.
- That there are warning systems and escape routes in place to allow people to leave
the building safely.
- That a fire log has been created and implemented to indicate proposed completion dates and actual completion dates
of any outstanding issues.
A premises inspection is required in order to ensure that all matters
relating to fire safety fully comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Our inspection provides
an overview of your fire safety arrangements:
Requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Inspection of means of escape and maintenance thereof.
Effectiveness and maintenance of fire
Means of fighting fires effectively.
Effectiveness of fire fighting equipment.
Staff fire safety training - overview as to competence of fire safety personnel.
Risk of fire
outbreak due to arson, terrorist activity and poor housekeeping.
Positioning of fire fighting equipment.
produce a comprehensive report highlighting any evident risks.
In order to achieve compliance with the fire safety legislation,
we assist you with:
- Fire risk assessments.
- Emergency Plan. An emergency plan is required if you employ
more than five people and this must specify nominated employees who are trained and equipped to implement such a plan.
detection and fire alarms. Fire protection systems shall be installed and maintained in accordance with statutory requirements.
provision of a means of escape. There shall be a contingency plan to deal with fire emergencies including clearly marked exit
routes with appropriate signs and emergency lighting.
- Fire fighting equipment. Adequate fire fighting equipment is
required which employees can use without exposing themselves to undue danger.
- Staff training in Fire Safety. Management
should be trained to have awareness of their responsibilities for fire safety. Also officials in charge shall be nominated
by the Safety Manager to accept responsibility for fire protection and training.
How MPK Safety can help ?
- We will look at the major fire risks to your business and work with you to
deliver smart solutions that take away the complexities of today's fire safety rules and regulations.
hazards and sources of ignition
- Assess whether any fire that could occur would endanger persons and their escape
what action is required to reduce the risk of harm
- Check compliance with statutory requirements (UK fire regulations)
up prioritised fire risk action plan to resolve deficiencies
- Establish fire risk assessment review dates
MPK Safety Fire Risk Assessors have extensive experience in a wide range premises such as Industrial Units, Shopping
Centres, Kennels, Garages, Care Homes, Schools, Multiple Occupancy Properties, Retail Shops, Offices and Warehouses,